Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Vote Well!

Romans 13:1 is a verse that can speak to all of us today in America: "Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God." NASB

This truth is one that can help calm any fear or anxiety over what is going to happen at the polls today...God already knows the outcome of every election (He doesn't even have to worry about any "hanging CHADs"!). Not only does He know the outcome, He is allowing every election to occur. This is hard to comprehend so many times as we see individuals who openly and unashamedly stand for the very things that God is against to be elected into positions of power. But...Paul assures us here in Romans that God is not surprised by the outcome of any election. He is not walking around Heaven today with his candidate button on, "hoping" that everything turns out okay. No, God already knows that things are going to turn out just as He has allowed them to turn out.

As for me...I will be going to vote this afternoon with Annette and Brian (he registered with ACORN!), and I can just tell you that Annette and I both will be voting for individuals from both major parties. We have, and will continue, to base our votes on the most important issue that could ever be considered: the value of a human life. We will vote for the dog catcher, mayor, congressman or presidential candidate who also cares about a human life, whether born or unborn! I've had great discussions with many people whom I love who disagree with me on this matter, but I must vote as the Lord leads me to.

Today, as you go to vote, think about why you are voting for whomever you choose. As you consider the reasons, I'm sure they all come down to wanting to vote for the person whom you believe will help you and your family out the most...it's a quality of life issue at its core. I challenge you today, then, to consider the quality of all life, especially the life that cannot speak or fend for itself!

Now, I respectfully remove myself from my personal soapbox and will stay up too late tonight to hear who it is God has allowed to hold the highest elected office in our GREAT country (as well as the other many important positions being decided).

Have a blessed day!
In Christ,
PJ

No comments: