Monday, November 10, 2014

Eleven Month Update...

Well, here we are, 11 months into this new chapter. Actually, it seems more like a "sub-chapter" between last December 8 and the last few months. I really have a hard time grasping the fact that it's been almost a year since I kissed my sweet Annette goodbye for the final time in this lifetime, since I stroked her hair, held her hand, and prayed with her. Some of my close friends have mentioned lately that I've been more like myself over the last two months than I have since she went to be with Jesus. I can sense that, too, though "myself" is different than it has ever been. I have learned a LOT about myself this year. I've been challenged in many ways. I've grown to absolutely rely on God like never before, which saddens me that it took this to drive me to that complete reliance. But, I'm here, and it's good, and it's right.

Our family is doing well. We are spending Thanksgiving in Chicago with Michael, and then he'll be home for two weeks over Christmas. Both boys are doing well in school. I've been getting the final boxes unpacked at our new home (FINALLY!), and getting things hung up. There are so many memories in every box, every picture, every meal I cook, everywhere. We had an incredible marriage and an even better friendship. I miss her every day, and so often I reach for my phone and start to call and tell her about something that happened or a thought I had. She was such an encourager to me, supporter, listener...and so much more. I've gotten to the point where I'm excited about the next chapter beginning. Annette and I actually talked about it several times, and it's crazy that the last time was the Tuesday before she passed away. I always thought we were talking about it for her to be ready to move ahead...never thought it would be me. Anyway, it's in His hands!

Thanks so much for the continued prayer for me and the boys. We are walking the journey, and absolutely trusting His leading. I pray that I don't get ahead of His timing, and that our family can be used to be a strong testimony for Him. I'm at a point of better clarity than I've been in a long time, and I pray constantly that as He gives me wisdom, I follow it.

Until next month,
Joey

No comments: